In this 5-Day online course, the participants will be introduced to the concepts, tools and techniques of Lean Six Sigma at an introductory level (Yellow Belt) with enhancements. It covers the concepts, tools and techniques that are relevant and practical. The program also allows learners to connect the concepts and apply to their daily work activities after their training.
Tailored for the general public, professionals, executives, change leaders, product developers, process owners, managers, senior managers, directors. The course will also enable learners to participate in GB/BB project as team members to contribute to the overall success of the project.
Learners will participate and play different roles in various interactive activities; the exercises will enable and empower participants to take turns to lead in structured problem-solving group discussions with confidence.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain an understanding of the following concepts:
- Basic Lean Concept
- Foundational Six Sigma DMAIC Phases
- To define the problem, scope and goals of process improvement initiative
- To support in the data collection to measure the baseline to identify the size of the problem
- To identify the potential root causes and select the real root cause of the problem
- To brainstorm solutions to generate and select the best to resolve the process issues
- To understand the importance of standardization to ensure sustainability of the selected solutions
- To conduct teach-back of one topic as recap for peer-to-peer teaching
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Introduction and Overview
- Define & Measure
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Analyze – Brainstorming and Root Cause Analysis
- Lean Principles and Tools
Timothy has more than 15 years of experience in the high volume manufacturing environment, working in multi billion dollars Multi-National Corporations As a Lean Master and Six Sigma Master Blackbelt in the companies, he has trained more than 1000 Greenbelts, Blackbelts Champions and Master Blackbelts from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and China Besides training, he has also mentored countless projects and acted as a business partner and advisor to the sites’ General Managers on the Lean and Six Sigma deployment.
During the past ten years, Timothy worked as independent Lean consultant serving numerous clients from different Sectors, including Manufacturing, Hospitality, Public Sectors. Through the projects, trainings and development work, Timothy has acquired 5 Patents/Trade Secrets and numerous awards from the company he worked with. He is also the co-author of the award winning book, Advanced Tools for Black Belts and Master Black Belts.
Wee Loon is an accomplished Lean Six Sigma Professional with more than 17 years of experience driving lean six sigma programs through building, coaching and deploying Operational Excellence program. Self-starter and dynamic leader with proven expertise in consistently delivering results to ensure sustainable improvement in organization which utilizes Lean Six Sigma methodologies. Leverages exemplary communication and in-person meetings to establish presence and build a positive impact and contribution to the whole organization. Adept at working effectively to achieve goals both as a cross- functional and individual contributor level.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
- Participants with little or no background in lean six sigma.
- Individuals who want to develop foundational knowledge in applying Lean Six Sigma to improve work processes and in quality improvement in both public service and commercial organizations
Funding period for this course is from 7 April 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fees||$3208.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$963.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$363.00|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$363.00|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$3208.00|