Mobile Photography is for everybody! It is basically a format of photography created with mobile devices. If you have a smartphone, you can be a mobile photographer.
Join this 2-day CET Course and experience the joy of photography without worrying too much about the technical aspects of photography like Aperture and Shutter Speed. By using your smartphone’s camera features together with the essential photography skill you will be learning from this course, you can take your photography to the next level. Less is more, if less can free you from the constraint. Let’s have fun and enjoy the simplicity of Mobile Photography.
Mobile Photography will be conducted using smartphone. However, the aesthetics of photography you learned in this course is applicable to all formats of photography. If you have a digital camera and would like to bring along and use it during class, please feel free to do so.
- Able to use the correct camera feature/setting of the smartphone to best capture the image you want.
- Able to problem solve in real-life shooting situation in order to capture image that best communicate your visual idea/intent.
- Able to use a variety of photography skill to create a photograph that has good visual interest to draw attention and engage your viewer.
Course Dates: 12 and 13 April 2021
Application Period: 24 February – 21 March 2021
Duration: The 2-day short course consists of 8 hours of classroom learning activities and 8 hours of on-site learning/practice activities (Photo Field Trip).
Time: 9am to 6pm
Venue: The Cocoon Space at Design Orchard
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
This course consists of the following:
• Introduction to Mobile Photography
• Tips for handling your mobile devices
• Interesting visual elements that can enhance your photo
• Storytelling with different camera angles
• Composition techniques for mobile photography
• How to make use of existing light
• Basic people & street photography
• Practicum: Photo Field Trip at selected site
• Photo editing apps for mobile devices
• Use cropping to improve your photography
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the required assessment.
No prior knowledge of photography is required.
This course is suitable for beginning photographer, photography enthusiast; content creator who wants to use photography to value add their work; and anyone who wishes to have fun in taking better photograph.
- The 2-day course will be conducted using mobile devices. However, if you have any digital camera and would like to bring along and use it during class, please feel free to do so.
- Mobile E-Learning will be conducted during the optional Photo Field Trip. Estimated 90 mins of ZOOM call time is required.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$134.82|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$50.82|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$134.82|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$50.82|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$449.40|
|Full Course Fee||$449.40|