Mobile Photography is for everybody! It is basically a format of photography created with mobile devices. If you have a smartphone, you can be a mobile photographer.
Join this 2-day CET Course and experience the joy of photography without worrying too much about the technical aspects of photography like Aperture and Shutter Speed. By using your smartphone’s camera features together with the essential photography skill you will be learning from this course, you can take your photography to the next level. Less is more, if less can free you from the constraint. Let’s have fun and enjoy the simplicity of Mobile Photography.
Mobile Photography will be conducted using smartphone. However, the aesthetics of photography you learned in this course is applicable to all formats of photography. If you have a digital camera and would like to bring along and use it during class, please feel free to do so.
- Able to use the correct camera feature/setting of the smartphone to best capture the image you want.
- Able to problem solve in real-life shooting situation in order to capture image that best communicate your visual idea/intent.
- Able to use a variety of photography skill to create a photograph that has good visual interest to draw attention and engage your viewer.
Course Dates: 25 -26 Mar 2024
Application Period: 11 Jan – 3 Mar 2024
Duration: The 2-day short course consists of 8 hours of classroom activities and 8 hours of on-site learning/practice (including a photography field trip).
Time: 9am to 6pm (including one-hour lunch break)
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
a. Introduction to Mobile Photography
b. Use of Natural Lighting
a. Visual elements in photography
b. Composition in photography
a. Editing to improve your photography
b. Edit your photograph and create a mini portfolio for submission
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of the following:
• Introduction to Mobile Photography
• Tips for handling your mobile devices
• Storytelling with camera angles & point of view
• How to make use of existing light
• Interesting visual elements that can enhance your photograph
• Composition techniques for mobile photography
• Understand what makes a good photograph
• Practicum: Photography field trip at location of your choice
• Photo editing to improve image quality and composition
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the required assessment.
No prior knowledge of photography is required.
This course is suitable for beginning photographer, photography enthusiast; content creator who wants to use photography to value add their work; and anyone who wishes to have fun in taking better photograph.
- The 2-day course will be conducted using mobile devices. However, if you have any digital camera and would like to bring along and use it during class, please feel free to do so.
- Mobile E-Learning will be conducted during the optional Photo Field Trip. Estimated 90 mins of ZOOM call time is required.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Jul 2023 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 9% GST and subject to review.)
GST Increment in 2024
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 9% with effect from 1 Jan 2024. As such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2024. Please refer to our STEP portal for the updated fees. (Click on STEP.)
- The fees below are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
- Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility
|Full course fee
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
|Others (and Repeat Students)