Learn the concepts, frameworks, tools and methods of Participatory Design and apply them in every aspect of your Design Thinking Process.
This course is suitable for:
1) Small and medium business owners and entrepreneurs seeking business success through product innovation
2) Product managers who need to drive product innovation.
3) Product designers, makers or anyone interested in product innovation
4) Civil servants who need to conduct community engagements activities for bottom-up approach in planning and policy making.
Check out the course brochure here.
1) How to engage identified stakeholders through Participatory Design tools and methods
2) Equip participants with skills that will help them visualise ideas by quick drawing and making techniques
3) Enable ideas to be quickly tested and iterated
4) Create successful, people-centred outcomes that benefit individuals, businesses and society as a whole
Course Date: 14 – 16 June 2021
Application Period: 1 May – 1 June 2021
Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Introduction to Participatory Design (Theory)
- Explore – Getting Ready for Research (Theory)
- Explore – Diving Right into it (Practical)
- Evaluate – Making Sense of Data (Theory)
- Evaluate – Making Sense of Data (Practical)
- Evaluate – Setting Design Challenge (Presentation)
- Experiment – The Co-Design Process (Theory)
- Experiment – Planning Co-Design Workshops (Practical)
- Experiment – Conducting Co-Design Workshops (Practical)
- Expand – Synthesising the Co-Design Findings (Practical)
- Expand – Introduction to Prototyping Skills (Practical)
- Execute – Pitching Your Design (Theory)
- Execute – Pitching Your Design (Practical)
- Execute – Presenting Your Design
Raja Mohd Fairuz graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor in Arts (Architecture) and holds a Master of Architecture from National University of Singapore.
Raja Mohd Fairuz has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2012 teaching Architecture in the Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering course. He is also the founding co-chair of etc.lab, a design research and consultancy arm of the School of Design & Environment, which aim to use design to effect social, environmental and economic change in the community they work with both locally and overseas.
In terms of continuing education for adult learners, he specializes in sustainable building design, building information modelling as well as human centred design and participatory design methodologies.
Jason Khiang is currently the course chair of Diploma in Design in Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Co-chair of etc lab of School of Design and Environment in Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Prior to joining Ngee Ann polytechnic, Jason has designed products and experiences with companies such as Scanteak, Kohler, Nestle, Loreal,
Nestle, Techtronics industries and has commercialized more than 50 designs.
He is the award recipient of Public Sector Transformation and IF, Red Dot awarded by IDSA. Jason has also won twice the School teaching award from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Jason holds a MBA from Jiaotong University and a Bachelor (Hons) in Industrial Design from University of New South Wales
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$2140.00|
|Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens who qualify for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$242.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs who qualify for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$242.00|