This is a certification program in which participants will obtain a Certification on Accounting Transformation upon completion of 6 courses:
- Accounting for Analysis and Decisions
- Using MS Excel in Accounting
- Performing Cloud-Accounting
- Finance-Business Partnering with Data Visualisation
- Strengthening Internal Controls with Analytics
- Automation of Processes with RPA
The overall program is aimed at equipping bookkeepers with skillset to enable them to chart out their progression paths in view of existing industrial developments causing disruption to job roles. The program provides participants with knowledge and hands-on skills in visualisation, automation, etc. in order to help them stay relevant and employable.
Upon completion of this course on Performing Cloud Accounting, participants will acquire an understanding on cloud accounting and its benefits, and how to adopt cloud accounting systems effectively. Through hands-on practices, participants will learn how to apply and use cloud-accounting software to process daily transactions; and make use of business intelligence reports to optimise business decision-making.
Course Date: 1 Dec, 8 Dec, 15 Dec, 22 Dec 2022
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 24 hours
Time: 4 x 4 hours face-to-face lessons (F2F (9am – 1pm)) & 4 x 2 hours online lessons (8 hours)
Delivery Mode: Classroom with Asynchronous e-Learning
Venue: Classroom & Online
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Session 1: (6 hours)
- Introduction to Cloud Accounting system and understanding the features (E-learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
- Performing Daily Transactions: Sales & Accounts Receivable (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Set up customer records and terms of sales
- Processing sales quotations, orders, invoices, credit & debit notes
- Processing receipts
Session 2: (6 hours)
- Transforming business processes with effective use of Cloud Accounting solution (E-learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
- Performing Daily Transactions: Purchases & Accounts Payable (F2F: 3 hours on a weekday morning)
- Set up supplier records and terms of payments
- Processing purchase requests,orders & invoices
- Processing payments
- Performing Daily Transactions: Bank Reconciliation and Other General Journal Entries (F2F: 1 hour on a weekday morning)
- Reconcile the bank account with the bank statement
- Record and review general journal entries
Session 3: (6 hours)
- Transforming business processes with effective use of Cloud HR solution (E-learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
- Performing Daily Transactions: Payroll Management (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Set up staff and payroll records
- Processing payroll and CPF filing
- Managing other staff-related administration matters
Session 4: (6 hours)
- Review (E-learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
- Leveraging analytic reports for business decisions (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Generate reports for management reporting, decision-making and control
- Use of analytic reports for business decisions
FCCA, CA (Singapore), CIA, MBA, BBA
Sunny has several years of experience in the manufacturing and automotive industries in areas of accounting, treasury as well as internal audit before moving to full-time academia. He is currently an associate lecturer with various institutions including Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore Institute of Technology and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. He teaches financial and managerial accounting, financial reporting, and financial management to Accountancy as well as non-accounting students.
Sunny is also the instructor for the Advanced Financial Reporting and Financial Management modules in the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) program as part of the Advanced Diploma in Accountancy awarded by Ngee Ann Polytechnic in collaboration with the Singapore Accountancy Commission. Sunny is a WSQ-certified trainer, holds an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment and has received awards from SIM Global Education and Ngee Ann Polytechnic for teaching at undergraduate and diploma levels.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessment.
Participants will further obtain a Certificate on Accounting Transformation upon completion of all 6 courses in the program.
- Basic Proficiency in English
- Bookkeeping/ Accounting background
Funding period for this course is from 25 Nov 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Temasek Trust – CDC Lifelong Learning Enabling Fund
Eligible learners with disability can apply for up to S$1,000 to defray course-related fees. For more information, please click here. Funding ends on 31 Dec 2022.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$674.10|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 and Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$202.23|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$76.23|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$76.23|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$674.10|