IO Link-The road to smart maintenance & cost saving cabling
Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Application Date: 28 Jan 2021 to 21 Mar 2021
Class Date: 8 April – 9 April
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 4 modules:
- Difference between traditional sensors/actuators vs IO Link Sensors/actuators
- Configuration of IO Link devices on PLC
- Setup the communication interface between the PLC and IO Link Master
- Learn to retrieve the data from the different types of IO Link sensors and control the actuators
- Basics of HMI Programming i.e creating I/O controls and etc and learn to interface with the PLCand IO Link Master
- Learn how to create the necessary control of the IO Link actuators and display of IO Link sensor values (Process Data) using the HMI
Case Study (work)
Ng Shi Ping is a senior lecturer with the School of Engineering of Ngee Ann Polytechnic. She teaches automation and mechatronics systems.The engineer-turned-lecturer has over 10 years’ experience in doing machine development, which includes integrating sensors, pneumatic actuators, motion control cards, designing vision processing algorithm and finite state machines for mechanical motion. Shi Ping has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2014 teaching Industrial Automation, C programming, Microcontroller and interfacing, Electrical and Electronic Technology, etc
Applicants should preferably have a basic logic circuit knowledge in electrical engineering
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singaporeans & Permanent Residents||$192.60|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$72.60|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs*||$72.60|
|Full Course Fee||$642.00|