Acquire knowledge and skills in project scheduling & monitoring to coordinate projects, meeting goals and targets at work.
Do not miss this opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge of project management. Mastering the art of planning is a key to controlling project constraints. Microsoft Project provides the power and flexibility to plan and track projects and meet your business needs. This course is focusing on the useful functions and features of the application.
This course provides the participants the practical skills and structured training approach to use the Microsoft Project 2016 with its techniques and features in project planning, scheduling & monitoring. Unique features of this course include using practical scenarios in project management. At the end of the course, participants will be able to adopt management methodology based on industrial’s practices. You can leave the class knowing exactly what to do and how to use Microsoft Project in your daily project management work.
Both the examples and exercises used in the class are scenario based. We do not just teach you how the various features work, but also illustrate to you in real life scenarios when to use these features in managing your projects. It also explains how to create and manage multiple projects, set plan expectations with key stakeholders, kick off execution work, monitor and track project performance using the Earned Value Management practices and close out the project.
Course Date: 9 Feb to 11 Mar 2021
Duration: 3 days
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 2 modules:
- Enter and schedule tasks
- Working with calendars
- Gantt Chart and network diagram
- Critical Path Method and Analysis
- Assign resources and resources levelling
- Set baseline
- Monitoring of project (tracking)
- Normal and Crash Time Relationship (Project Crashing)
- Time-Cost Trade-Off and Optimization
- Define custom table
- Printing of views and tables and producing status reports
- Creating, customising graphical report and visual report
- Practical Exercises
- Fine tuning the project plan and information
- Setting up a recurring task, task constraints, shifting tasks, elapse time
- Customise field with formulas
- Define codes for Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Assign material resources
- Tracking progress against the project plan
- Controlling the Project Cost using BCWS, BCWP and ACWP
- Exporting time scaled cost data into Microsoft Excel and plot graph to show the
- Consolidating several projects together and create master plan
- Creating dependencies (linking) between projects
- Sharing resources among projects and resources pool
- Sorting, grouping and filtering project information
- Advanced customisation of MS Project 2016 – Using the Organizer
- Using Microsoft Project 2016 with other programs
- Import/export project information from/to other applications
- Copying project information for presentation as a GIF file
Heng Song Ning is a full-time lecturer with Ngee Ann Polytechnic, currently serving as Senior Advisor under the School of Engineering. He has been involved in continuing education for the industries and adult learners, specializing in project management, project planning and Microsoft Project software. He is also a member of Project Management Institute, PMI (USA).
Song Ning has been actively conducting short courses on Project Planning and Scheduling (Using Microsoft Project) for the past 21 years. He also conducted many customized in-house/in-company training courses for local SME and MNC.
1999 – Present 21 yrs
Overseas Course Trainer (Microsoft Project specialization) in East and West Malaysia
2001 – Present 19 yrs
License & Certification Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Managing Projects with Microsoft Project
By Microsoft Corporation
The course is suitable for project managers, executives, administrators, supervisors and officers, and/or anyone responsible for coordinating projects, meeting goals and targets as part of their work.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
For Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
SkillsFuture Credit Funding Available. Terms and Conditions apply.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$177.83|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$67.03|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$177.83|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$67.03|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$533.50|
|Full Course Fee||$592.78|