Start your real estate career with Ngee Ann Polytechnic!
You will learn economics concepts, land law and many other RES required knowledge in order to be a competent RES. Others include usage of financial calculator, HDB, URA, BCA, Ministry of Law and other regulations required to be a competent RES. In addition, the knowledge to help you to pass the RES examination.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 18 sessions
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
1.1 Real Estate Market and Submarkets
1.2 Real Estate Market Players & Government Intervention
1.5 Estates in Land
1.6 Strata Lands Act
1.7 Rights in Another’s Land (License, Easement, Covenant)
1.8 Registration of Titles
2.1 Law of Contract
2.2 Law of Agency
2.3 Landlord and Tenant Law
2.5 Conveyance inter vivos
2.10 Future Interests
2.12 Restrictions on Capacity to Hold Land
2.13 Planning and Development of Land
3.1 Regulation of Real Estate Agency Industry
3.2 Role and Functions of Salespersons and Their Requisite Knowledge and Skills
3.3 Principles of Real Estate Marketing
3.4 Types of Listing
3.5 Methods of Sale
3.6 Regulations on Advertisements
3.7 Marketing of Residential Property
3.8 Marketing of Commercial Property
3.9 Marketing of Industrial Property
3.10 Marketing of Special Properties
3.11 Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act
4.1 Sale of Uncompleted Private Properties
4.2 Sale of Completed Private Properties
4.3 Collective Sale of Private Properties
4.4 Sale of HDB Flats
4.5 Leasing of Private Properties
4.6 Renting Out HDB Flats/Bedrooms
4.7 Foreign Worker Housing
4.8 Taxes on Property
4.9 Property Finance & Financial Calculations
A Certificate of Course Completion will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
CEA has set minimum criteria for would be Real Estate Salesperson to enrol for the Real Estate Salesperson Course and Examination (across the board):
- Interested applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Minimum 4 GCE ‘O’ level or Equivalent
- Below qualifications are consider as Equivalent:
- WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) at least level 5 or above for all 5 modules
- Higher NITEC Certificate
- Old Certificate Title Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC), Certificate in Business Studies (CBS)
- Master NITEC Certificate
- Old Certificate Title National Technical Certificate 1 (NTC1)
- Individuals who are unable to meet the minimum criteria can take the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) assessment administered by WDA A WPLN (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing and Numeracy) Level 5 will be recognised in lieu of 4 GCE “O” level passes. Click here for more details on WPLN.Applicants having other qualifications (e.g. overseas qualifications or private diplomas etc.) will need to have their qualifications assessed by CEA to determine that the educational qualification requirement is met. They must submit original certificates, full transcripts and official translation (if qualification is not in English) together with the CEA Request Form in person to RCN for submission to CEA. Please allow at least 15 working days for CEA’s reply.
An administration charge of $64.20 (inclusive of GST) imposed by CEA is payable for all assessment of qualifications. Foreign applicant registering for RES Course must produce Letter of Support issued by a Estate Agent that is prepared to support salesperson’s application to CEA.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$749.00|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$224.70|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$84.70|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$84.70|