In the digital age, every business needs to make its presence known on the Internet or risk getting left behind. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) helps to optimise your website on search engines giving you the advantages of user-friendliness and speed, so you rank higher in potential customers’ search results.
Harness the power of SEO to turn your website into an effective marketing tool for your organisation. Learn how search engines work and how you can optimise your website by understanding why some websites rank higher than others. You will also learn how to select the correct keywords that can generate business value, develop content to increase engagement with your target audience, and measure the effectiveness of your SEO efforts through analytics.
- Understand how search engines work
- Find out the latest google algorithm updates and the impact on website rankings
- Learn to optimise your website so it can be ranked on Google
- Understand why some websites rank higher than others
- Select the correct keywords that can generate business value
- Learn best practices to outrank your competitors
- Write great content that generates engagement
- Measure your SEO efforts’ effectiveness through analytics
SEO tools like Ahrefs will be used for training purposes. No subscription is required as trial accounts will be provided to trainees.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
A. Introduction to SEO (1.5 hr)
– Introduction of lecturer and students
– Setting expectations
– Case studies of profitable SEO ventures
B. SEO Fundamentals (1.0 hr)
– How does Google search engine works?
– What is SEO
– Overview of SEO
C. Keyword research (3.0 hours)
– Keyword research basics
– Brainstorming for keyword ideas
– Keyword research tools
– Analyzing keyword difficulty
– How to choose the right keywords
D. On-page SEO (2.5 hrs)
– The importance of on page factors
– The importance of mobile responsive site
– How to ensure our site is HTTPS secured
– Making use of SEO friendly URLS
– Website Architecture
– How to include SEO friendly content
– Importance of link juice and how to leverage on links
E. Black Hat SEO practices (0.5 hrs)
F. Lesson Summary (0.5 hrs)
G. Off-page SEO (4.0 hrs)
– The importance of off page SEO
– Link building fundamentals
– Black hat link building
– Common practices of link building strategies
– Awesome link building strategies
– Using SEO tools for link building
H. Content Marketing (1.5 hr)
– Content Planning
– Content Promotion
I. SEO Analytics: tracking your SEO performance with common SEO tools (45 mins)
– Google search console
– Google analytics
J. Lesson Summary (0.5 hr)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
No prior knowledge of SEO is required.
Funding period for this course is from 29 Jul 2022 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Please declare your employees’ hourly salary information to claim for absentee payroll funding
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$540.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$160.50|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$60.50|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$60.50|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$162.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$62.00|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$540.00|