How very satisfying to luxuriate with your own home-made soap scented with your choice of essential oil. While most commercial soaps may irritate sensitive skins or scalps, making your own soap means you can use all-natural ingredients that are so good for your skin.
And the best thing is, it’s simple, fulfilling and you can share your creations as gifts for your loved ones.
You will learn how to express yourself with a variety of natural ingredients, exfoliants, colours and fragrance to create your own high-quality soaps for suit different occasions and purposes.
Course Date: 20 Aug 2022
Application Period: 1 Jun – 24 Jul 2022
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Competency in the art and process of soap making
- Skills relating to different techniques and processes
- Acquire knowledge on the health benefits of homemade soaps
- Knowledge on the health benefits of homemade soaps
- Knowledge on the ingredients in soap, including their ecological benefits
- Skills to customize the ingredients of your soap for differing requirements
- Skills to carry out the Cold process of soap making – each participant will make a 4-500g block of soap from ingredients that will be provided
- Skills to carry out the Melt & Pour process of soap making – each participant will make a 100-200g piece(s) of soap from ingredients that will be provided
- To customize your soap masterpiece using colour and fragrances using your own flair and creativity
Ph.D. (Osaka University)
M.Engg Chemical Engineering (NUS)
B.Engg Chemical Engineering (NUS)
WDA Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) (Full)
Dr Hia Hui Ching is an environmental consultant with an avid interest in environmental issues and healthy living. After graduating from Osaka University, Japan, she worked as a research scientist in A*STAR before deciding it was not her calling. Since 2011 Hui Ching has been an active advocate for Effective Microorganisms (EM) and their applications for the environment.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Eligible for funding by National Silver Academy. Funding ends 31 Oct 2022.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$159.60|
|Full Course Fee||$299.60|