This course will equip participants, even those with no prior experience, with the basic knowledge and skills to start such a business. In addition, it would provide a good insight into real business practices in this area, which would appeal to participants who are considering making direct financial investments.
This course is suitable for:
- Individuals who aims to enhance standards and competencies of the pet retail shop owners or employees who are handling/dealing with aquarium retail ornamental fish.
- Pet retail shop owners or employees who are handling/dealing with aquarium retail ornamental fish
Understand the insights on fish care and feeding
Select suitable aquatic plants for aquascaping
Perform maintenance of water quality system
Possess fundamentals of aquascaping techniques
Explore business fundamentals of aquascaping
Application Period: TBC
Course Date: Please register your interest now (https://goo.gl/forms/MUpb6vVvTpz2xdzm1)
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Introduction to types of Common Aquarium Fish Species (1 hr)
- Fish Care and Feeding (1 hr)
- Selection and Setup of Sustainable Aquarium Systems (1 hr)
- Aquatic Plants for Aquascaping (1 hr)
- Water Quality Management (1 hr)
- Fundamental Aquascaping Techniques (1 hr)
- Mini Competition on Aquascaping (1 hr )
- Starting a Business in Aquascaping (3 hrs)
- Hands-on (setting up the aquarium) (4 hrs)
This is a course with assessment. For courses with assessment, a Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement and pass all required assessment(s). A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
For more information on other subsidies, please click here.
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$253.59|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$95.59|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$253.59|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$95.59|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$845.30|
|Full Course Fee||$845.30|