This is a certification program in which participants will obtain a Certification on Accounting Transformation upon completion of 6 courses:
- Accounting for Analysis and Decisions
- Using MS Excel in Accounting
- Performing Cloud-Accounting
- Finance-Business Partnering with Data Visualisation
- Strengthening Internal Controls with Analytics
- Automation of Processes with RPA
The overall program is aimed at equipping bookkeepers with skillset to enable them to chart out their progression paths in view of existing industrial developments causing disruption to job roles. The program provides participants with knowledge and hands-on skills in visualisation, automation, etc. in order to help them stay relevant and employable.
Upon completion of this course on Using MS Excel in Accounting, participants will acquire knowledge of excel functions and organize data in Excel, and make use of various What-If Analysis tools to aid in data analysis.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 24 hours
Time: 4 x 4 hours face-to-face lessons & 4 x 2 hours online lessons
Delivery Mode: Classroom with Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning
Venue: Classroom & Online
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Session 1: (6 hours)
- Working with Formulas & Functions (I) (E-Learning: 2 hours on a weekday evening)
- Working with Formulas & Functions (II) (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
Session 2: (6 hours)
- Formatting, Organizing & Getting Data: Excel Tables (E-Learning: 2 hours asynchronous)
- Formatting, Organizing & Getting Data: Data Tables & Pivot Table (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
Session 3: (6 hours)
- Creating Simple Chart objects (E-Learning: 2 hours asynchronous)
- Formatting, Organizing & Getting Data: Sort, Filter, Group, Outline. Data Consolidation (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
Session 4: (6 hours)
- Data validation & Formula Auditing (E-Learning: 2 hours asynchronous)
- What-If Analysis (Scenario, Goal Seek, Solver) (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
Yvonne Ng holds a Bachelor degree in Business with a specialization in Actuarial Science and a Masters of Science (Financial Engineering) from Nanyang Technological University. She is also a certified Financial Risk Manager.
Prior to joining Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Yvonne was an actuarial analyst at Great Eastern Life. Yvonne’s teaching experience spans across fundamental to advanced finance courses in the polytechnic. A School Teaching Award recipient, Yvonne is well versed in teaching both pre-employment and adult learners.
Yvonne also actively engages in consulting projects with various organizations.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessment.
Participants will further obtain a Certificate on Accounting Transformation upon completion of all 6 courses in the program.
- Basic Proficiency in English
- Bookkeeping/ Accounting background
Funding period for this course is from 25 Nov 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$674.10|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 and Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$202.23|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$76.23|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$76.23|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$674.10|