Learn about vehicle operations, performance and reduce the total maintenance cost for your vehicle. Acquire knowledge on vehicle safety wand vehicle emission controls.
- Current automotive systems, including their functions, operations, advantages and disadvantages, maintenance, common problems and their causes
- Automotive engines, transmission, traction control, suspension, steering, air-con maintenance and other current automotive technologies
- Reduction of vehicle maintenance cost and fuel consumption, & prolonging vehicle lifespan
- Common causes and avoidance of common vehicle accidents, and measures to enhance road safety
- Analysis of driving habits and how they affect vehicle systems, fuel consumption and the road safety
- Rules and regulations issued by various government agencies that apply to private-hire car drivers
- HEV and EV as technologies that offer solutions in sustainable/clean energy and urban mobility so that the participants have the knowledge and understanding to help them transit to using such vehicles
Learn from practicals/demonstrations and vehicle inspection mock-up exercises during the course
Application Date: TBA
Course Date: TBA
Course Time: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Steven Xu is a Senior Lecturer of School of Engineering at the Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the module leader of Automotive Technology and Motorsports (ATMS), a specialization offered under the Polytechnic's Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. He teaches both full time and part time in the following areas: Automotive Technology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, System Design, Mechanical Design and Product Design and Manufacturing Process. He has a Masters Degree from NTU and 20 years working experience in automotive after-sales service industries. He is also in the Technical Expert Panel for Certification for Technical Specialist (Bus) organized by LTA and IES, working with ten over members from different industries and organizations on certifying the bus technicians. He has conducted workshops for SMWA members, ComfortDelGro, SMRT, SBS, ST Land, DSTA, MINDEF, Indeco, Cycle & Carriage, Republic Auto, NEA, EuroAutomobile, LTA, Vicom, ExxonMobil and more.
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
SkillsFuture Credit Funding available. Terms & Conditions Apply.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) and Permanent Residents (PR)||$192.60|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (SC & PR)||$72.60|
|SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy For Singaporeans||$72.60|
|Full Course Fee||$642.00|